BY-LAWS OF THE GRAYSTONE HOME & SCHOOL CLUB
Only an excerpt of the 2018-2019 HSC By-laws are shown. A full copy of the 2018-2019 By-laws will be posted at the link below by September 1, 2018 for review. These By-laws will be voted on in the September HSC Monthly Meeting.
ARTICLE I – NAME
The name of this organization is the Graystone Home & School Club (HSC). It is the Home & School Club of Graystone Elementary School in the San Jose Unified School District, Santa Clara County. The HSC is located at 6982 Shearwater Drive, San Jose, California 95120 and is a designated 501c3 organization (Tax ID #94-2429760).
ARTICLE II – PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall include:
- To promote the general welfare of children and youth, school, staff, and community;
- To secure for each child the highest advantages in physical, mental, and social education;
- To promote cooperation between parents and teachers;
- To cooperate with or sponsor motion approved organizations interested in child welfare;
- To assist the school administration in obtaining necessary facilities and equipment;
- To conduct money raising projects to finance the activities of this organization;
- To encourage active participation of its members in order to sustain the activities of the organization;
- To promote the cooperation of its members, the children, the community and general public in securing the purposes of this organization for the benefit of all.
TEACHER GRADE-LEVEL AND CLASSROOM FUND EXPENSE ACCOUNT
Teachers are given an HSC-funded Grade-Level and Classroom Fund expense account based upon the results of the Graystone Home & School Club (HSC) Membership Drive. These funds are generously donated by the families at Graystone Elementary to help enhance this year’s classes.